03/15/17 - Charter Installation Scheduling
Charter Installation Scheduling
03-15-17: The Charter techs will be installing modems in units on Monday, March 27 through Friday, March 31. We are taking reservations for the techs to visit your site and connect the modems. Please note the following:
- The techs are not there to connect your routers or other computer equipment. They are only responsible to make sure the modem is connected. If you need help with your router, contact the office and we have volunteers that will try to assist you on a time available basis.
- If you will need a router and have not yet purchased it, now would be a good time to do so. Details are in the previous articles about Charter on this web site.
- If you would like to schedule a Charter tech to install your modem, send an email to FinanceDirector@safari-ilwaco.org and indicate which of the 5 days you will be available. (Hint: The more days you are available, the more likely the techs will be able to fit you in.)
- If you cannot be onsite to let the techs in and the office has keys to your unit and you would like to have the modem pre-installed by the techs if possible, send an email to FinanceDirector@safari-ilwaco.org and give us permission to let the techs in your unit. Also indicate where the cable wall connection is that you would like the modem installed at.
- We cannot guarantee that the Charter techs will be able to visit all that request them. They will do the best that they can, but there are no guarantees.
- If Charter does not install your modem, you can do a self-install next time you visit the park. The modem is simple to install, much like the cable boxes last spring. Volunteers will assist you if needed on a time available basis.
- Please be patient with this process. We have about 285 units that will need installations and some of these may have problems. We are trying to make this switch over as smooth as possible, but we anticipate that there will be problems. It may take some time before all the kinks are worked out. Your consideration of this is appreciated.
- Be sure to check the alerts on this website for any late breaking news on this topic. Updates will be posted there as they happen when installation begins.
Note: In lieu of emailing the information above, you can write it out on paper and drop it by the office. Be sure to put your name and unit number on the emails or paper.